Primex Plastics Corporation began in 1965 and is an international leader in the plastics industry. Primex employs over 1200 employees at 8 manufacturing facilities in the US, and provides custom plastic sheet extrusion, colorants, compounds, additives and design and fabrication services for the plastics industry.
Our Color, Compounding & Additives division, is an advanced custom compounder supplying a wide range of formulations, specialty compounds, color concentrates and additive master batches. We’re a full-service business partner with plastics manufacturers, converters and processors who serve a diverse range of industries including automotive, cosmetics, electronics, medical, pharmaceutical, building, construction, housewares, sporting goods, toys and packaging. We’re seeking an Administrative/HR Assistant for our Jasper, TN location, which is about 30 minutes from Chattanooga. This position will work closely with the HR Generalist, to support all Administrative and HR functions of the facility. This position also has high potential for growth, and is expected to take on additional responsibility over time within the organization.
What you will do:
• Assist the HR department with all functions including payroll admin, benefits, events planning, assisting employees with requests, etc.
• Answer all incoming telephone calls and greet visitors in a professional manner
• Receive and distributing all mail and packages
• Support other departments with a variety of tasks, enter PO’s, process invoices/payments, create pricing letters to send to customers, etc.
What skills you should have:
• A quick learner with the potential to grow within the organization.
• Team player with at least 2+ years administrative/office experience, HR experience is a plus
• High level of motivation and attention to detail, with excellent organizational and communication skills
• Excellent punctuality and attendance
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office -Word, Excel
What’s in it for you?
• A comprehensive package including a competitive salary and quarterly gainsharing bonus opportunity
• A full benefits package including three medical plan offerings, an extensive network of providers through United Health Care, a prescription drug plan, dental plan, health and dependent care FSA’s, company paid life insurance, supplemental life for employee/spouse/dependents, company paid short and long-term disability programs, an educational assistance plan, dependent scholarship program and employee assistance program
• 11 Paid Company Holidays, paid vacation time and paid personal/sick time
• A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% Company match