Positive attitude? Motivated? Helpful? Looking for a career with a solid company? If this sounds like you, please read further!
At Primex Plastics Corporation, we’re a place where you can make an impact. A place focused on the future, that is always looking for new and better ways to compete in today’s marketplace. A place with 55+ year history, a promising future and a competitive spirit.
Our people are the foundation of what makes Primex Plastics Corporation great. We’re looking for the best people to help us fulfill our vision of being the leader in the extruded Plastics Industry. Join a competitive, fast-paced and friendly work environment and gain a sense of ownership, building on Primex’s half a century of continued success, and your own.
Sound like a place where you’d like to be? There’s more!
Primex Plastics Corporation began in 1965 and is an international leader in the plastics industry. Primex employs over 1200 employees at 8 manufacturing facilities in the US, and provides custom plastic sheet extrusion, colorants, compounds, additives and design and fabrication services for the plastics industry. At our Richmond, Indiana operations, we are seeking an HR/Staffing Coordinator who will be responsible for recruiting, talent acquisition, hiring, onboarding, engagement, employee relations and staffing, with the primary emphasis on non-exempt hourly manufacturing employees. This position will staff for two of our locations in Richmond, Indiana, which have approximately 500 employees combined, with the focus being on the 80% of the workforce of non-exempt hourly employees.
This hands-on exempt position requires a self-motivated professional with excellent communication skills and the ability to excel in a high volume fast paced environment. The position requires the ability to operate at a tactical level while thinking strategically, while also acting as a culture transformation champion. This position will be part of our Corporate HR Department, and will be based at our Headquarters in Richmond, Indiana. This position will act as a true contributor to the growth of Primex Richmond, IN Operations.
What you will do:
- Manage full staffing lifecycle including ongoing sourcing and recruiting active and passive candidates (primarily non-exempt hourly), scheduling and conducting interviews, analyzing candidate responses, and comparing applicant’s qualifications to job requirements, selecting qualified candidates and making offers of employment, pre-employment activities, and onboarding to create an excellent candidate experience
- Deliver qualified candidates using various recruiting methods to include creating and posting creative job ads, Social Media, internal posting systems, networking, cold calling and other effective methods to locate and hire quality talent
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with all supervisors and managers involved in the hiring process, including collaborating to understand business needs and job requirements
- Serve as the main point of contact between hiring managers and candidates by scheduling face-to-face meetings, Microsoft Teams meetings, phone interviews, etc.
- Facilitate all new hire onboarding activities, including communication to all key team members regarding new hire start date, ensuring training plans are in place, conducting portions of new hire orientation, and completing 30/60/90-day check-ins and all follow up activities
- Enter, maintain, and track recruitment data to provide regular updates, statistics, and data
- Professionally represent the organization at job fairs and hiring events both virtually and in person
- Ensure that all recruiting processes and procedures follow all federal, state & local legal requirements
- Identify opportunities to optimize the recruitment process that would yield higher efficiencies
- Support positive employee relations and facilitate the resolution of candidate and employee concerns throughout the hiring process
- This position will support the Corporate Human Resources department with a variety of other projects and activities during times in which the number of openings is minimal
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or a related field preferred, or related experience will be considered
- SHRM Certification preferred
- 3-5 years of high-volume staffing/recruitment experience, strong understanding and ability to recruit hourly manufacturing employees, and experiencing managing a high-volume recruiting workload
- Demonstrated knowledge of candidate selection methods, interviewing styles and staffing methods
- A self-driven professional who displays a positive image of Primex Plastics at all times
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and prioritize daily workload in a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinker and proactive problem solver with a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to build relationships and work well across functions
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills proficiency including Microsoft Office suite, social media, applicant-tracking systems
What’s in it for you?
- A comprehensive package including a competitive pay rate, quarterly Gainsharing Bonus and an annual Bonus opportunity
- A full benefits package including three medical plan offerings, an extensive network of providers through United Health Care, a prescription drug plan, dental plan, health and dependent care FSA’s, company paid life insurance, supplemental life for employee/spouse/dependents, company paid short and long-term disability programs, an educational assistance plan, dependent scholarship program and employee assistance program
- 11 Paid Company Holidays, paid vacation time and paid personal/sick time
- A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% Company match, administered by Fidelity Investments
- The opportunity to work with a knowledgeable, high-achieving and experienced Team
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our Team! Visit www.primexplastics.com for more information.