Primex Plastics Corporation began in 1965 and is an international leader in the plastics industry. Primex employs over 1200 employees at 8 manufacturing facilities in the US, and provides custom plastic sheet extrsion, colorants, compounds, additives and design and fabrication services for the plastics industry.
Our Color, Compounding & Additives division, is an advanced custom compounder supplying a wide range of formulations, specialty compounds, color concentrates and additive master batches. We’re a full-service business partner with plastics manufacturers, converters and processors who serve a diverse range of industries including automotive, cosmetics, electronics, medical, pharmaceutical, building, construction, housewares, sporting goods, toys and packaging.
We are seeking an Operations Manager at our manufacturing facility in Jasper, TN, about 30 minutes outside Chattanooga, to lead all plant manufacturing initiatives, drive plant performance and key indicators, and provide overall leadership and mentorship to develop others within the organization. This position will direct and oversee daily operations, develop strategies to ensure production goals are met, and implement operational improvements to enhance bottom line results. This position also works directly with department heads to coordinate purchasing, production and distribution operations.
This hands-on Senior Leadership position requires an innovative professional who is progressive, connected and has the ability to drive probability throughout the organization. The successful candidate will also need to be a self-driven professional with excellent communication skills and the ability to excel in a high volume fast paced environment.
What skills you should have:
- Minimum 5+ years plant/general management experience, plastics extrusion/compounding experience a plus
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop and influence others
- Experience in manufacturing principles and lean manufacturing concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent experience will be considered
- Strong analytical, root cause analysis and problem resolution skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead, mentor and develop others
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented individual
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel
What’s in it for you?
- A comprehensive package including a competitive salary and annual bonus opportunity
- A full benefits package including three medical plan offerings, an extensive network of providers through United Health Care, a prescription drug plan, dental plan, health and dependent care FSA’s, company paid life insurance, supplemental life for employee/spouse/dependents, company paid short and long-term disability programs, an educational assistance plan, dependent scholarship program and employee assistance program
- 11 Paid Company Holidays, paid vacation time and paid personal/sick time
- A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% Company, administered by Fidelity Investments