Are you Motivated? Self-Driven? Passionate about your job? Looking for a career with a solid company? If this sounds like you, please read further!
At Primex Plastics Corporation, we’re a place where you can make an impact. A place focused on the future, that is always looking for new and better ways to compete in today’s marketplace. A place with 55+ year history, a promising future and a competitive spirit.
Our people are the foundation of what makes Primex Plastics Corporation great. We’re looking for the best people to help us fulfill our vision of being the leader in the Plastics Industry. Join a competitive, fast-paced and friendly work environment and gain a sense of ownership, building on Primex’s half a century of continued success, and your own.
Primex Plastics Corporation began in 1965 and is an international leader in the plastics industry. Primex employs over 1200 employees at 8 manufacturing facilities in the US, and provides custom plastic sheet extrusion, colorants, compounds, additives and a full array of design and fabrication services.
We are currently seeking a Quality Manager for our Oakwood, Georgia manufacturing operations. This day shift, exempt position will oversee the quality system and lab activities, while providing daily direction and leadership to the quality department. This position will serve as a resource to our customers, suppliers and employees.
What you will do:
• Manage overall quality processes for the manufacturing operations, including managing, directing and training the on-site quality team
• Interface with customers and suppliers on quality and regulatory matters
• Apply and administer ISO 9001 Quality Management System, and act as Auditor for the QMS
• Investigate returned products, complete variance and root cause determinations of off-spec materials and implement appropriate corrective action programs
• Participate in internal and external quality audits
• Perform lab analysis and testing requests on various materials / products
• Provide customer material certifications, product certifications, SPC data and other test data
• Process Technical Work Requests and prepare Technical Reports as needed
• Create continuous improvement programs and/or processes to reduce costs
What skills you should have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Quality or related discipline/experience
• 5+ years quality management experience including laboratory experience, and ISO 9001 Systems
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with standard plastics testing laboratory equipment and procedures a plus
• Excellent ability to problem solve and communicate to assist customers in support of our products
• Six Sigma training and automotive experience a plus
What’s in it for you?
• A comprehensive package including a competitive salary and quarterly gainsharing bonus opportunity
• A full benefits package including three medical plan offerings, an extensive network of providers through United Health Care, a prescription drug plan, dental plan, health and dependent care FSA’s, company paid life insurance, supplemental life for employee/spouse/dependents, company paid short and long-term disability programs, an educational assistance plan, dependent scholarship program and employee assistance program
• 11 Paid Company Holidays, paid vacation time and paid personal/sick time
• A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% Company match