We have a TRULY unique and VERY exciting opportunity for a new VP of Operations to join our team at Primex Plastics. We’re an industry leading company headquartered in Richmond, IN with a thriving culture that’s much more “family” than “corporate”. Reporting directly to our President, this role is heavily strategic with a blend of tactical execution and offers challenging and unique opportunities to develop and grow your career. A fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
NOTE: Selected candidate must have the ability to commute to OR relocate to Richmond, Indiana.
Primex Plastics, a wholly owned subsidiary of ICC Industries, is a world leader in extruded thermo-plastic sheet materials used in a wide variety of applications in the thermo-forming and fabrication industries. Headquartered in Richmond, Indiana Primex Plastics Corporation is a multi-faceted operation that houses more than 100 sheet extruders in multiple facilities across the US and Europe.
The Vice President of Operations is responsible for assisting to formulate the company’s Sheet Division manufacturing strategy and objectives to maximize performance. Working closely with the President and Senior Management team(s), the VP of Operations oversees the day to day operations of the Sheet Division including: monitoring, analyzing and improving manufacturing operations; providing strategic oversight and management of all areas of manufacturing to build and develop operations, processes and procedures in support of long and short range planning and strategic direction; directing multiple-site manufacturing operations through a team of functional managers and supervisors to implement strategic initiatives in lean manufacturing and financial performance objectives.
• Develops and implements the Sheet Division strategic operational direction
• In collaboration with Senior Leadership, develops and implements strategies to grow the division’s business into new markets while sustaining current profitable business
• Oversees the tactical implementation of the Sheet Division’s strategic operational plan
• Designs and implements an operational excellence strategy including process and productivity improvement
• Implements and manages new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
• Oversees the management of the supply chain, purchasing and scheduling functions
• Formulates, recommends and executes manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
• Continuously develops and improves manufacturing plans, operational standards and overall performance of the Sheet Division and its employees to achieve improved business results and operational efficiencies
• Builds, develops and manages an operations leadership team capable of carrying out operational strategies while ensuring manufacturing practices are in compliance with all relevant production standards and company values and goals
• Identifies, evaluates, justifies and drives implementation of capital investments and improvement projects
• Exercises financial responsibility to establish and maintain operational budgets
• Works closely with the Sales division to achieve the highest level of productivity and profitability and collaborates with Finance/HR/Engineering/Technical groups to implement best practices and ensure the highest levels of efficiency
• Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations
• 15+ years of experience in manufacturing, operations management and business development in a multi-location organization with a minimum of $200M in sales. Strong preference for experience in plastics extrusion, plastics forming, chemical manufacturing, compounding or other industries with similar operational processes
• 5+ years of broader experience beyond operations to include sales, marketing, business and/or product development
• Technical skills in lean manufacturing processes and applications, process improvement, materials management and production practices
• Strong analytical and problem resolution skills at both strategic and functional levels with demonstrated decision making abilities using emotional intelligence and critical thinking
• Manufacturing systems development and deployment experience, working knowledge of financial and cost management and proven effectiveness in leading and managing in a non-union environment
• Proven ability to delegate and execute to achieve results, organize and manage multiple priorities and to exhibit flexibility and adaptability in changing circumstances
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Engineering or related field(s); MBA a plus
Principals only; no recruiter calls/emails and no phone or emails to employer please