Product Manager - Primex Color Compounding & Additives
"*" indicates required fields
Primex Plastics Corporation is a leader in the plastics manufacturing industry, with over 50 years in the business. Our Primex Color, Compounding & Additives Division, is a leader in color and additive concentrates, and technical compounds for the plastics industry.
The Color Division manufactures colorants for a variety of critical applications such as food, cosmetic and medical packaging; bottles and closures; toys, horticultural, and industrial products. The Compounding Division produces high performance custom compounds across all resin systems including flame retardant, anti-stat, structural, wear resistant and TPE materials for injection, extrusion, blow molding and rotational molding applications. In addition, Primex is a leader in single-pack, pelletized additive concentrates for anti-stat, anti-block, fungicidal, flame retardant, UV and surface enhancement applications.
Primex operates two manufacturing facilities, located in Garfield, NJ and Jasper, TN, and we are seeking a strong and energetic Product Manager to lead and oversee the Company’s product management strategies to maximize long term profitability. This position will be accountable for developing, communicating, and deploying strategies to effectively market and price colorants. The position will work with the Sales Team and Technical Director to design and implement successful product and market plans that support the overall strategic direction of the company.
An experienced Product Manager familiar to plastics/color industry is preferred. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the color concentrates and additives business, a strong knowledge of color concentrates, and a strong track record of building customer relationships.
Brief description of responsibilities:
• Oversee PCCA’s sales, marketing and pricing programs for compound, color, and additive technologies
• Participate in the compound raw material section processes and provide input into purchasing decisions
• Analyze business and market conditions in order to formulate, recommend and execute pricing, business policies and programs that guide the organization in improving its margins, competitive position and profitability
• Continuously assess direction of direct competitors and use for strategic planning of the company in product and market direction. Determine the leaders in chosen markets and benchmark PCCA’s performance against the leaders for the purpose of continuous improvement
• Stay closely attuned to pricing trends in the color and compounding industry using this knowledge for day to day pricing decisions with existing customers and target accounts
• Work directly with Technical Director and Sales Leadership to ensure consistent flow of new target accounts and new product development in order to grow profitable business
• Develop and implement strategies to grow the business into new markets, while sustaining current profitable business
• Implement best practice standards to ensure the highest efficiencies in all aspects of the business
• Ensure business practices follow all relevant standards, regulations, and the organization’s values and goals
• Identify, communicate and drive implementations of capital investments and improvement projects
• Participate in Marketing, on-line strategies and market communications, CRM activities
• Drive corporate sustainability programs, and implementations
Primex Plastics Corporation offers competitive compensation and benefits package, including a salary commensurate with relevant experience, along with an annual bonus opportunity.
Additionally, we offer a full array of benefit plans with 4 medical options to choose from, prescription, dental and vision, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, paid vacation and sick time, 11 paid holidays, company paid life insurance, supplemental life for employee/spouse/dependents, short and long-term disability programs, an educational assistance plan, dependent scholarship program, employee assistance program, 401(k) retirement savings Plan with competitive company match and more! www.primexplastics.com