Primex Color, Compounding & Additives Planning & Inventory Control Analyst
"*" indicates required fields
Primex Color, Compounding and Additives Corporation is a leader in the manufacture of custom compounds and color concentrates for a diverse range of industries. A subsidiary of Primex Plastics Corporation, Primex Color operates two manufacturing facilities, located in Jasper, TN and Garfield, NJ.
We are currently looking for a Planning and Inventory Control Analyst to oversee all planning and inventory control activities at the Jasper, TN plant (about 30 miles West of Chattanooga). This position, reporting to the Operations Manager, will be a key position within the organization, and will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for raw material inventory control processes including storage, delivery and accuracy of raw material inventory, and oversight for all inventory transactions related to raw materials.
- Assist in coordinating the plant production schedule with the Plant Manager
- Schedule and coordinate delivery of raw materials as needed to meet customer order requirements between Jasper and NJ plants.
- Develop and lead the raw material physical inventory/cycle count process.
- Manage the Material Handler employees to ensure timely delivery of raw materials to the production lines as needed.
- Provide key indicator measurements to report on time shipping of customer orders.
- Implement plans to minimize raw material inventory while achieving customer satisfaction goals of the organization.
- Evaluate suppliers and supply quarterly updates/ Score Card
- Work with Sales on forecasting and create policies for uniformity.
- Ensure product is stored in the proper location – appropriate signage needed for all products including customer supplied, quarantined, etc., including creating and maintaining a site map for storage.
- Responsible for reviewing days stock on hand to quickly identify production/procurement gaps as well as excessive inventory on hand.
- Develop and utilize capacity planning techniques to provide timely information to customer service regarding current lead times and information regarding expected customer order ship dates.
- Develop rework and scrap remediation process/obsolescence program.
- Continuously work towards goal of increasing/improving inventory turns.
- Conduct analysis or detailed examinations of the manufacturing plant and warehouse staging areas to better manage the inventory planning processes.
- Investigate speculative versus actual reasons for inventory discrepancies and establish countermeasures to improve future inventory accuracy.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Logistics or other related field; or equivalent experience
- Two + years related experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Ability to build relationships and work well across functions
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Overall computer proficiency, including email and Microsoft Office programs
What do we offer?
- A comprehensive package including a competitive annual salary and quarterly gainsharing bonus opportunity, and annual performance bonus
- A full benefits package including four medical plan offerings, an extensive network of providers through United Health Care, a prescription drug plan, dental plan, vision coverage, health and dependent care FSA’s, company paid life insurance, supplemental life for employee/spouse/dependents, company paid short and long-term disability programs, an educational assistance plan, dependent scholarship program and employee assistance program
- 11 Paid Company Holidays, paid vacation time and paid personal time
- A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% Company match
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our Team!